Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Is that you
Sue?
Can't believe the easy
like you never left
just yesterday,
now sun-bleached and pound-less;
Third World girl,
complaining that your man
won't go fishing!
That there's nothing here
your missing,
Not in THIS nostalgic space!

I hear you girl!
Your free spirit makes me ache
warms me celebrate
That you still you
And not a heartbeat's worth of bravery
is missing between you and heaven.

Now two minutes later,
I wish I had saved our AIM-full
conversation and the way that proesy
dropped from the misspellings and urgency with which
we typed our exchanges
jumbling the sequence of the lines
into novel stanzas
and humorous allusions.
You made me realise how much
our journeys since we last met
were similar,
you made me realise how much I was free--
not that cliche hippy irresponsible freedom
But the freedom that comes from taking responsibility for the
world AS YOU SEE IT!

If you and I had not in our separate ways braved grief, pain
and separation
there would be no world out there today
I am sure.

No comments: